Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Budgetless Bargain Fashionista



Welcome to We Want To Know Wednesday With Mamarazzi and Crazymama! the Mama's give you permission to skip the laundry and blog a little.


This week , Mamarazzi, is asking the questions, with a little help from one of our WWTK participants Christine...

{1} What is something that you currently spend money on that you consider a splurge or frivolous?
{2} Tell us about your first paying job. How old were you?
{3} Do you plan date nights and extras into a monthly/weekly budget?
{4} Share one of your money saving tips with us.
And finally, Christine @ http://cmgendreau.blogspot.com wants to know:
{5} If you won the lottery - would you spend it frivolously or use what you need and save the rest? Why?

So snag the above questions and the below button and let's get this party started. Link up, it's sure to be fabulous. I'll be by later to comment and read your answers. this weeks questions were a little hard for me, i mean Budget? SO NOT ME!


null




{1} What is something that you currently spend money on that you consider a splurge or frivolous?

The hubs would say anything I buy and any hobby I have.

Really it's probably clothes for the kids and purses. But clothes are a need right? and Purses are too. I have to be able to tote diapers and whatnot don't I? I can't help it that i want to do it in style.


{2} Tell us about your first paying job. How old were you?

after babysitting which I don't think we are counting

I was 17, my first job was at Dairy Queen. I mean I was the Dairy Queen.

it was a good time. I had fun friends to work with it was awesome.

I learned while I worked there that people weren't in love with auto shop grime under my nails, I washed but that crap doesn't come off very easily.

I also learned that I'm totally lactose intolerant. It was not a good day when that came to light.

the best story from that job was one night someone wanted to rob us. their plan was thwarted by my mom and brother who came to pick me up early and warned us. we called the police, they ran off and those of us teenagers that were there were shaken up. I worked there for a couple months until it closed down due to IRS issues with the owners.

My next Job I was a cashier at a hardware store. Payless Cashways. I was totally a tool time girl.

One time someone saw me in my hot pink heeled jelly sandals and called the store asking for me by name and saying dirty stuff over the phone to me about my feet. dude had a foot fetish. EWWW. after that I refused to wear my name tag.


{3} Do you plan date nights and extras into a monthly/weekly budget?

budget? what's that?

no, we fly by the seat of our pants when it comes to a budget.

I make sure I go on dates every week though , especially the weeks the hubs has been out of town. I tell him he can come or not, but I'm leaving. He always opts in.

{4} Share one of your money saving tips with us.

Money saving? Seriously? Didn't we just cover the fact that everything I do is frivolous?

Honestly though, I shop at thrift stores for kids clothes. I only buy stuff that is in good shape, brand name and cheap. My 12 year old wears designer $100+ jeans but I paid something like 7 bucks for them.

you can't beat that.

My girls love it because no one has the same things as them, but everyone asks wondering where they got something. They just say they don't know, their mom bought it.

I have a few other tricky bargain places I love.

Liberty has some sweet sequined Sperry's and I paid something like $20 bucks for them, they retail at Nordstroms for over $80 bucks. One of her friends actually went and got a similar pair for actual retail price. LOL!

I just laugh that anyone could be so dumb to pay full price.

We rock the designer looks for a fraction of the price. a bargain fashionista. I remind her not to get used to it though, someday her size won't be so plentiful.I'm afraid she's kind of a Diva already.

that being said, when you buy excessive amounts of bargain clothes it still adds up and costs a lot of moolah. So it's not really money saving.

And finally, Christine @ http://cmgendreau.blogspot.com wants to know:
{5} If you won the lottery - would you spend it frivolously or use what you need and save the rest? Why?

I'd spend some of it, Like buying my own rabbit poop ice machine. then I'd buy the basics like a bigger car and house , and sit on the rest. There is never enough money, so I'm sure a little back up for a rainy day will come in handy.














post signature

© 2012 crazymamaof6

5 comments:

VandyJ said...

We thrift store shop for kids clothes and I hit the local consignment store regularly for myself. Great looking clothes at a fraction of the price. Love it! But shopping at thrift store is an art. There are those that don't understand it at all.

Jo said...

My, my, my, you sure had an interesting start to your working life, between the lactose intolerance, the foiled robbery and the foot fetish dude!

I wish we had cool thrift stores here!

Unknown said...

You certainly live up to your name Crazymama!! Love the bargins you find for the kiddos! Can't beat that! But every girl must have a purse! and rock it! You go girl!

Our 365 Days said...

I LOVE thrift store shopping!!! It's funny, my sister and I went out to Target and Burlington Coat Factory last week and we barely bought anything and walked out saying "how did we spend so much!?" I said "well, I guess when you buy everything and thrift stores, even buying stuff on sale here seems expensive!"

Jen said...

LOL That just brought to mind my Dad coming home one day and saying that you were his cashier at Payless. So he would tell me everytime he saw you there.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............