Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fat girl swimming, just keeping cool in the summer. WWTKW





null

This is perfect it landed on the Summer solstice. 


Let's talk summer. Ours is in full swing and the temps are rising (we got up to 114 on a few days already) So this weeks questions are about keeping cool and other summer delights.


(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?
(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?
(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?
(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and  hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) Do you wear less make-up in the summer?
(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)



(1) What is the usual summer high temperature where you live?

 the all time summer high in phoenix AZ ? 121 at the airport when i was a kid. planes were grounded, it made the news. it was a dry heat. 

 but last summer my car temp, got to 122, i got a pic. school had already started again by then. insane. i take pics and then send them to the hubs i think he was in Ohio that week. i miss my bling phone cover. 

this summer has started out extra hot, getting up to 115 one day but it keeps cooling down for a day or two to the high 90's  then goes back up. most days so far have been around 110- 112

we'll see how bad it gets this year. it's a dry heat which beats hot and humid. if the wind blows it's like a freaking hot blow drier.

 the options are get wet or stay inside in air conditioned comfort. pray your A/C works and the power stays on.


(2) How do you keep cool? Do you have central air?

 we run our A/C 24/7. it can stay over 100+ 24 hours a day all summer long. well into sept. and oct. 

our highest summer A/C bill? over $700 in one month. that sucked. 

when we aren't inside enjoying the AC, we swim. luckily we have a pool. the kids swim a few times a day. i get in if friends come over or the kids beg me too.

i am also a fan of coming home and stripping down to my skivvies and laying in a cool dark room. i call it quiet time. 


(3) Do you swim? If you get in the water do you get your hair and make-up wet?

 I do swim. and get my hair and make-up wet. i have been known to swim in earrings and sunglasses and huge bling necklaces. i do it in style. i need to get  a big glam hat too. 



i asked this question because,  i was appalled when my friends came with their kids to swim and didn't get in the pool. it was me and my curvy friend swimming while the skinny girls sat on the side. seriously? 
if you aren't the fattest girl there, you have no excuse not to swim. they also don't get their hair or face wet. i just don't get it. 

while I don't love being the fattest girl there , the kids do love it when I get in and swim with them, their biggest thrill is when I  jump off the diving board.


(4) What is your favorite summer look? As far as outfit , shoe choice and  hairstyle? (Pics are rad or just describe it.) 

I'm a fan of dresses. long, short, printed, solid. with  flip flops or sandals every day. 


my hair is the same everyday year round. that's why it's called a hair style. it's a one trick pony. it does one thing. sometimes i think i'll get wild with it and it pretty much looks the same. that's the perk of a FABULOUS CUT. even fresh out of the pool it looks the same. 

Do you wear less make-up in the summer? i  do wear less base and powder in the summer, because i get so tan, my regular make-up just doesn't match, and i don't love white face with  tan everything else.   unless i'm going somewhere i don't even bother to put mascara and eyeliner on, but i always wear lipstick. ALWAYS.




(5) What is your favorite summer meal to make or eat, either way? (Score extra cool points for a recipe.)

I love farm fresh corn on the cob either grilled or boiled. and i top it with lime, salt and chili powder. it's extra fabulous with  watermelon on the side or any other fresh summer fruit. 

i also like grilled chicken or burgers off the grill. mostly because the hubs does the grilling.it  keeps the heat outside. instead of in my kitchen. 



I can't wait to hear if i'm the only one living in hades and the only fat girl swimming. 


post signature
© 2012 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

VandyJ said...

If we had our own pool I'd never get the boys out of it. Here though it's not really practical to have a pool--we are only warm for maybe 3 month out of the year. And we never reach 100 degrees here in Laramie--in other parts of Wyoming they do but only maybe 110 at the most and only for a few days. D
Dry heat is the best--here is cools off so nicely at night. It's what saves us.

Jill said...

I'm a "whale" myself, but that's never stopped me from hopping in a pool. I even took my shorts off when I went to Cuba (I usually swim with shorts on over my bathing suit.) I love the water. And I also don't care about hair, make-up or accessories - I go under!! :)

Jo said...

I have never heard of corn on the cob with lime ... going to have to try it

Ricki Treleaven said...

Love the questions this week...
I can remember when we lived in Scottsdale how I would never do laundry until after 9PM to save on electric bills....it cost so much to air-condition our home!

xo,
RJ

Mamarazzi said...

LOL @ "If you aren't the fattest girl there, you have no excuse not to swim"

you kill me, so funny, and ummm true!

i am pretty sure i would die if i ever experienced 122 degrees.

seriously.

i am going to try lime on my corn on the cob that sounds fabulous.

LOVE the questions this week!!

Wendy Phelps said...

Of course I get in the pool!! If I don't they usually push me in or splash me until I am soaking wet, but I LOVE swimming. Can't wait till we have a pool again. BTW What a cute swimsuit!

Forgetfulone said...

I love your thoughts on swimming! LOL

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............