Wednesday, August 22, 2012

With Deliveries of comfort food and well wishes...WWTKW

null
So after a few weeks of bed rest and a miscarriage leading to two surgeries I'm on the mend but it has left me, Crazymama,  wondering how others deal with illness/ medical drama.

1. If you are sick in bed how do you entertain yourself? TV, books, sleep?
2. Do you share your medical drama with the world or keep it to yourself?
3. Do you pray, send healing thoughts and hugs or good vibes to friends when they are ill or sad?
4. If someone offers to bring in dinner to you or your family, do you let them?
5. If you could ask for any meal or treat  when you were sick/sad/healing,  what would it be? 

1. If you are sick in bed how do you entertain yourself? TV, books, sleep? 

I mix and match a little reading, some napping and some TV watching.  

Often I read until fall asleep, watch some shows and nap, sometimes I watch shows with the little kids while I read. 

I've been suffering through endless episodes of Rugrats and Power Rangers on netflix with my 6 year old. The toddler prefers Yo Gabba Gabba and Backyardigans. They just like to be with me and it makes entertaining them easy while I'm stuck in bed. 

2. Do you share your medical drama with the world or keep it to yourself? 

I usually post about it eventually, either here or on FB. I figure it's what is really going on with me. 

 There is always someone who can commiserate and the support from friends near and far is pretty awesome. I have very sweet friends. I appreciate all of the well wishes and thoughtful messages.  I'm doing much better now. 





3. Do you pray, send healing thoughts and hugs or good vibes to friends when they are ill or sad? 

I almost always send hugs and good vibes. Sometimes I will pray for people. I do it for others but people saying they are doing it for me kinda weirds me out. 


4. If someone offers to bring in dinner to you or your family, do you let them?

I really struggle with this. I always let my mom do it. I even let some of my family members, but my in-laws or friends offering and letting them do it is hard for me. somehow accepting baked goods is ok anytime but dinner  it is a struggle for me to let them help me out. 

that being said, this time I've had to get over it and we've had some awesome dinners brought over. and some super delightful baked goods. 

I struggle with it, but my husband always says yes. 

5. If you could ask for any meal or treat  when you were sick/sad/healing,  what would it be? 

I've been loving fruit, any fresh fruit.  

Along with baked goods, they always make me happy. 

as far as meals go? REAL comfort food, mashed potatoes, meatballs, or roast. with a side of fruit and yummy green veggies or a salad. 

I'm sick of quick and easy food or fast food, we've survived the last few weeks eating alot of that and I'm so over it. 


post signature
© 2012 crazymamaof6

9 comments:

Jen said...

I'm like you and will share alot as it can be a great form of support and trying to deal with things yourself.
Gotta love it when your TV is all the kids shows (as I am sitting typing with Tom and Jerry on in the background)!! :)
Feel better... HUGS!!

The Lovely One said...

I think almost everyone has said that they have a hard time asking for help. That's kind of sad. We should all work harder on accepting help that's being offered.

Glad you're feeling better! xoxo

VandyJ said...

Help is just not offered that much when I'm sick--but Nick pitches in with the boys and lets me rest and sleep while he does dinner and such.

Unknown said...

Not to weird you out but I prayed for you this morning and I am sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing with us. I wrote some very similar answers to your questions on my blog! Many blessings to you as you recover. There is a book I recommend called Threads of Hope Pieces of Joy
http://www.amazon.com/Threads-Hope-Pieces-Joy-Pregnancy/dp/0970770707/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1345650763&sr=8-4&keywords=Threads+of+hope

Anonymous said...

That's good that you share, I have a hard time letting people know that I don't feel well, etc.
That's also good that you have gotten a lot of really good dinners from friends and family :D Food always makes me feel better.
Hope you are doing okay!

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ON THE MEND, I AM OVER FASTFOOD TOO ONCE WE MOVED UP TO THE HILLS WE HAD TO WITHDRAWN FROM IT AND NOW I AM EWWW NOT EVEN WORTH IT FOR ONE BY THE TIME IT GETS HOME (30+ MINUTES) IT IS COLD SOGGY & YUK.
LOVE FRESH FRUIT OF ANY KIND ;] KEEP WORKING FOR HEALING SENDING HUGS & BLESSINGS

Jo said...

Glad you are on the mend. Thinking of you!

Susan said...

Hope you are feeling better....thinking of you! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope you'll check it out again sometime. Susan @ The Secret To Having It All

Madeline said...

Happy you are on the mend! :) Fresh fruit is awesome!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............