Saturday, August 9, 2008

Holy cow that was one long saturday. BUSY BUSY!

today was a success!

i got up at 9:15 am

i went with my sister in law Alicia to get bunko prizes for bunko. and they were DARN FABULOUS. we were done in an hour. 10:00 AM

i rushed to Costco. did my shopping in half an hour which i think is a RECORD! and rushed home to get the family for haircuts. 11:00 -11:30 AM

we Rush out the door to Brooke's to do haircuts for everyone except me. 11:45 AM

the 101 was shut down so we had to take the 202 west to the 143 to the I-10 to the 202 East. 12:00

let me tell you THEY ARE FABULOUS! everyone looks great! some kids look like totally new people. hallelujah! thanks Brooke YOU ARE AWESOME!

and holy cow huge surprise, Pierce sat fabulously for her. i totally didn't expect that, but i think after he watched all the siblings sit nicely, he followed suit! yay for that! and Lance even got his done! THANKS BROOKE, YOU ROCK! plus it was so fun to sit and chat while everyone got done. and even to chat with Paige for awhile! 12:30- 2:30 pm

rush home. start to make my beans for the Family party with the in laws, and realize I'm missing an ingredient. rush to Fry's and buy a gift for the birthday we were in charge of, and the missing beans we needed. 4:00 pm

make the beans. and get everyone changed into swim suits, grab towels, and a change of clothes for everyone, and rush to the party. 5:15pm

adults sat around and hung out while the kids played on the giant water slide, and a tarp covered hill slide.

we ate. 6:30

did birthday's and left. 8:30Pm

rush home, unload the Van. 9:00 pm

grab Sunday clothes for the girls and drop them off at my mom's for their Saturday night sleepover. 9:30 PM

rush to walmart. shop around for the last minute stuff to embellish Joy's hand me down boy Backpack , and cat food. ( I'd wanted to go to a craft store, or the ribbon store but they all closed before i could get there. but walmart always does great in a pinch.) I'll take pictures of the before and after. I'm debating whether i should do it now or tomorrow. tough choices. 10:00pm

came home. and checked email. looked at a couple blogs and now this. i know you are thrilled i didn't forget to post. 11:00pm

and now i should go do some laundry, and embellish that backpack. 11:33 pm

but honestly I'm kind of cranky. and tired. there is always tomorrow night right? actually there is not tons of time tomorrow night, i will have to go to bed at a decent hour to get up for BACK TO SCHOOL! dread. for me. talk about a double edged sword. i wish we would have started easing into a schedule weeks ago. now i just might keel over and die from the early hours. YUCK!

have a fab Sunday.

How was your Saturday?

i know mine made you tired just reading about it. it was CRAZY for me too!


post signature

11 comments:

Kylie said...

WOW--busy/productive day!! Can't wait to see the before & afters of the backpack (great idea--and gotta love 24 hour walmart). I don't know what I am going to do when my kids start school...I am SO NOT a morning person. I am already stressing about preschool 3days a week at 9:00 am!!

Andrea said...

Holy cow WONDER WOMAN!!! You accomplished in one day what takes me a week!!! hahaha

Can't wait to see all the new 'dos and fabulous backpack!

Also excited to see the awesome bunko prizes, and hope I get to be a winner and enjoy one of them! :)

Mamarazzi said...

we are getting over yucky colds here so we basically stayed in our PJs and watched movies all day. slept a little, watched a little TV...repeat...we need ONE more day like this and then we will be all set for back to school.

tammy said...

Wow. Nice job! I love getting stuff accomplished. And I love Brooke, too.

sandi said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your Saturday. Mine was...interesting. Started with a medical emergency of a friend's sister...okay, I'm going to go blog about it....

Micah and Jen said...

Wow! That IS a very busy Saturday...I just don't know how you do it! I get exhausted just reading about all you do! :) And the backpack....LOVE IT! So adorable and way cuter than anything you could buy! What little girl wouldn't LOVE to tote that thing around??? I may have to remember how adorable it is here in a few years when I have some girls! Great job! Let's see....Saturday....I got up, went grocery shopping with the help of my wonderful mom (I get to use the good ol' motorized cart now!) and buy some stuff that we needed to finish the boys room. Then we came back, put away the boys clothes in their new closet, made beds, and painted murals on the wall....all just in time for them to get home! I was so excited to see them and they grew so much!!! Last night we just hung out and the boys played with all their toys (seriously, just like Christmas everytime they come home....no new toys, just the old ones but they are great since they haven't played with them in 2 months!) and then we let them play on the dirt hill...bathes and off to bed in their BRAND NEW bedroom! It was a great day! :)

Leslie said...

I think I was ready to go to the doctor and get some serious medication after our saturday yesterday and it wasnt even as busy as yours...You are amazing!!

SuperCoolMom said...

I had a lovely day, just shopping one on one with Bridger - not eaven any babies! Good day!

KATE said...

You were right, you did make me tired just reading that! Yikes!

tammy said...

Oh my gosh. Bunko is this Friday isn't it? It didn't dawn on me until now that you were shopping for bunko prizes for OUR bunko. I'm so blonde!

Anonymous said...

You are talent, do you use your graphic skills to earn money… may I add that you are one of the best I have seen.

I enjoy how you put all the thoughts together – I am sure that is not easy.

By the way, the backpack for your daughter is possible the cutest thing that I have seen west of the Mississippi.

Looking forward to reading the next – day in the life of …

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............