Saturday, August 9, 2008

super saturday. it's always super isn't it?

around here it is.

I'm going shopping with my sister in law for bunko prizes. in the morning.

we have haircuts for 6 kids and Lance tomorrow at noon

we have a Family party with my in laws tomorrow evening .

and i get to squeeze in Costco,

the ribbon store ( for last minute backpack embellishments gotta gussy up that boy backpack for Joy).

Friday afternoon i got to go to FRY'S alone! and bought my prescriptions, and groceries. i bought $88 worth of prescriptions, got $60 in free grocery coupons, turned around, paid for my groceries, and spent a whopping $4.31 AND saved $99. yay me! i was so super excited on my super shopping. I'm now all set for lunches for next week. and we have meds for a month. WHOOHOO! Hallelujah!

do you know it takes 20 capri suns a week for 4 kids to take one a day to lunch? YEAH! holy crap! that's 2 boxes a week .

Lance and I got to go on a DATE! WHOOHOO! we rarely go out alone together. not that we don't want to but who can afford to go out? and pay a sitter? we can't. but his mom offered to have our kids over. So we got to see Hancock! it was pretty fabulous ! i really liked it! we both did. then we did some last minute school shopping. and got a treat for dessert. great date.

k well have a FABULOUS saturday! hope yours is super too!

post signature

15 comments:

Andrea said...

YAY for Date night!! I really want to see that movie! Keep hearing great things about it! Ben & I need a date night, haven't done that for a few months!

WOOHOO on your fabulous grocery shopping skills!!!

Have fun *bunko prize* shopping!!

tammy said...

Awesome date night and shopping! I love deals like that, and feeling prepared. My sister's kids drink Capri Suns all day long, and nothing else. Her one son won't even drink water or milk. I think she may go through 4 boxes a week! You'll have to take a pic of the gussied up backpack.

Busy Sat. for you! I have a music rehearsal at 9:15 am (why do they have to make them so early) and date night tonight. In between that will be the usual ironing of clothes and other Sat. stuff.

Have a good day!

sandi said...

Saturday, it's a special day....

I'm having a really weird day today...good weird. Todd is hanging with Bryce all day while I get to go out and do whatever I want. Know the ridiculous part? I have no clue what to do. I haven't had a day to myself since...oops, my memory doesn't go back that far!

Have a fun day!

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, sounds like you've been a busy girl!

I've got a date night planned for next weekend. Can't wait!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ What a fun night! Awesome shopping deal! I love a good sale! :)

SuperCoolMom said...

I'm running around doing last minute preparations - finding those school supplies that were on the latest list, taking ROTC dry cleaning, and making my Master carpool/specials/orchestra/bus Schedule for the next week or two, so I don't forget to send an instrument or make someone wear tennis shoes, or mess up a drop off and make someone late.

onehm said...

SUPER is right!! WOW!
You rocked the groceries! Congrats on the date night too. I get to go on one of those next week!

Shannon said...

Now that sound like a totally awesome Saturday!

Susan said...

Sounds like a busy, fun, tiring day.

I'm dying for a date. (I wonder...how do you get five kids and no dates-sheesh)

As far as drinks for the kid's lunches...you should look in to getting those Rubbermaid reuseable/refillable drink boxes.(The generic ones are horrible make sure it says Rubbermaid) I fill them with milk, chocolate instant breakfast, juice and sometimes koolaide. Most of the time I get requests for plain milk it is so easy and cheep AND I don't have to buy, haul, and store those big boxes of drinks anymore. The key is to not let the kids touch them unless they are going to school or its hard to keep track of them and have them when you need them. Oh yeah and I went to their websight and order extra straws to go in thm.

Happy Back to School.

Jenifer said...

I got that prescription special too! It came at a really poor time and really saved us! Sweet! Holy capri suns! Costco here you come!

Mamarazzi said...

sounds pretty darn super to me!! woo hoo!!

and a DATE...awesome!

Webb Family said...

It was so fun seeing you & your cute family today!
Your kiddos were so good.
I love date night & free babysitting is a BIG bonus!!

Katie said...

So glad you could get a date night. Those are the best when you don't have to pay a babysitter. Holy crap on saving money on groceries. Way to go!

Vidal's Nest said...

Love date night! Good for you!
I love a good deal and sving. Got to with 6 kids eh?

Jamie said...

I love it when the folks take the kiddos for any reason. I get the not getting out much on your own. That happens a lot around here! No date nights. You need to tell me your secret. How do you shop so frugally with those coupons. I am pretty sure Layne would drop dead. Semi Freedom week is almost here. I am soooooo-o excited:)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............