Monday, October 1, 2007

Memory lane Monday! MY IRISH TWINS!

US with our Irish twins- October 9, 1999- Liberty 5 days old and Peyton 10 and a half months.

Well, with Liberty turning 8 this week! it becomes Lance's favorite time of year! the month and a half we have two kids the same age! Peyton and Liberty are 10 and a half months apart! SO this week on October 4th we will officially have two 8 year olds!

they are IRISH TWINS! which means they are born within he same 12 month period, or in the same calendar year!

we actually have Irish triplets 3 kids born in 3 years. but we are talking about Liberty and Peyton. I am an Irish twin too, my sister Maria and I were born a year and a week apart. according to this, Irish twins is a derogatory slang term and not often found in print. i have to admit my google search didn't come up with lots of info. i guess i could be offended at this slang term if i wanted to try really hard but i am not. i like having a name for the insanity i live.

actually i would totally do it again if i had to do my life over! i love them close together. and love that they always have someone to play with and learn to share with and be close to.

really it is way easier to have a baby and then another baby instead of chasing a naughty 2 year old and carrying them when you are 9 months prego, i have done it both ways and i have to say i prefer close rather than "spaced appropriately" (whatever that means) but yeah people think they know what is better. and seriously , it is my life. and i like them close. Lance thinks i am nuts if we are doing that again. but i don't think this is a risk right now anyway! yeah it took a while to figure it out. but I'd do it again tomorrow if my hubby would let me.


this post is already mega long but it is memory lane Monday gotta throw in the memory.

so here you go anyway, if no one reads it and comments it is at least journaled for me, (this is how dumb i am.)

One time we went to a wedding reception for Lance's dad's ,new wife's, daughter where i met a lady i had never met before.

i was there holding Peyton and obviously prego with Liberty,and this lady asked me if i knew how that happened?

HOW i was pregnant so fast after having Peyton i guess is what she meant. probably wondering what type of birth control failed?

i have no idea, but i went into a long story about how i had Peyton, had my period around 5 weeks after , my six week check up and then obviously had sex and got prego around 8 weeks postpartum. ( i don't use any hormonal birth control by the way,or didn't use anything at the time anyway) so i am a genius!

OH and there is the spiritual side of it, that when i hadn't been able to get pregnant for a long time after a miscarriage a few months into our marriage, i was sad and we'd tried praying, and paying our tithing, and priesthood blessings , and finally Lance told me if I'd fast with this in my heart and try doing this gospel principal i struggle with, I'd get pregnant, that month i fasted and got pregnant with Peyton.

Well , on Peyton's Blessing day i thought well it is fast Sunday, and i haven't fasted the last 9 months since i was prego (and my morning sickness was worse if i didn't eat), So i thought I'd fast, for Peyton's Blessing! That next month i got pregnant with Liberty! so Lance told me i am not allowed to fast anymore!

My Irish triplets in these pictures!

from Peyton to Paxton there are 25 months between them.
Peyton and Libby are 10.5months apart and then 14 months between Libby and Pax.
So 25 MONTHS FOR 3 Kiddos! the criteria of Irish triplets is 3 kids with in 3 years.
Sometimes i feel like a Rockstar! today is one of those.
Lots of our mom's or aunts did this but not many of my friends are this insane. not like i planned it anyway. but i didn't prevent it and I totally love it! Liberty, Peyton and Paxton
Peyton (8) Liberty(7) and Paxton(6)
Here they are for Crazy hair day this summer! can you tell Liberty is taller than Peyton?
they get along pretty well! and they will have so much fun together someday!

and like i mentioned in a past post this weeks Birthday kicks off MY holiday season of insanity!


happy Monday!

20 comments:

michelle said...

You amaze me! You are one wonderful mama! Your kiddos are darling! I love the halloween decorations you made! I am loving the fact that today is officially October! :)

Mom2fur said...

Your kids are so cute! Hope Liberty has the best birthday ever!
I have a few fall birthday kids myself. My son turns 25 on October 11th, then my second son will be 21 on November 1st and my daughter 23 on November 9th. (My fourth is a June 12th baby...he was sort of a surprise 17 years ago, LOL!) No Irish twins...they're exactly two years apart from each other. Still, when the youngest was born, I had four under the age of 7. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

tammy said...

I think it's great that you can do this. And I also agree with Lance about no more fasting for you! I wish I had one more stuck in there between my two, but it just didn't happen. Cute pics!

onehm said...

Love this post! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom. And how fun that they get to be so close. They will always have a buddy! Little L and Mr. T are 7 months apart, and it's always been so great, they do everything together...

Supercool Mom said...

I love telling people about my crazy sis with 6 under 8! Especially when they gasp about my 6 under 18, haha!

Webb Family said...

that is so great that they have each other! i almost think having twins would be easier but i don't know.

Brandi said...

What a fun post!! I think it is sooo cool that they are that close together & that you could care less what others think! You go girl!! People need to get over what "they" think cuz its none of their business!! Your kids will have soooo much fun together when they get older, in high school, & starting families together, etc. How fun!!

ZB said...

You are one incredible woman. I love that story. The world needs more woman of faith. Oh, and I love your new deals.

Meredith Ferrin said...

Julie....I can't believe they are that old....i remember when they were born. Your halloween decorations are adorable.....good luck with all your holiday planning!

kay said...

you rock! but you already know that.

you are who i wanted to be! so i can live my wanting 6 kids through you!

keep up the good work

Andrea said...

I think it's fun having kids close together. It's a lot of work in the beginning, but they become best friends & partners in crime. ha ha :) I like that my 1st two are close together (almost 13 mos apart). But I also like that the others are 2 1/2 yrs apart. I needed that break after having close ones.

Brandi said...

Love the new look!! :0)

Micah and Jen said...

WOW! That is what I have to say....I am amazed that I have kids 2 years apart and here you are having them within a year of eachother....that is AMAZING! You are super woman!

Unknown said...

Loving the new layout! Or probably not so new anymore...I have not been on for a few days!

To answer your comment about the costume. I have it! She sent it to me, so I will bring it to you on Friday...if this works??

You are sUch a fUn mom! LoVe the pics of the wacky hair day! fUn halloween crafts! Aren't you crafty! :)

Katie said...

You are one awesome mom! Love your new background!

Jen said...

More power to ya Mama! I could never, but you totally can and rock at it. Great memory, since I didn't see you at all at this time!

Jamie said...

Nothing wrong w/having kids close in age. My Mom did that too. She had ten. I love coming from a big family:):):)

janna said...

My sil has Irish twins & they are both on mission's right now. They are 9 and 1/2 months apart. She had her first son and went for her six week check up and found out she was pregnant... :)

I love your blog!!! You are my 6'2" twin mom blog friend~

Have a good night!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

i might have to bug you sometime for help/advice with my irish twins :)

I was raised in a barn said...

this i envy. i have always wanted my kids to be that close. My mom had 10 in 13 years. London is 1 today and i am feeling kinda blue that it hasn't happend yet. You really do have cute kids and How fun for them to be so close in age.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............