Monday, September 21, 2009

Cancer sucks



saddened and dismayed.

my friend Stephanie's husband , Wade is in hospice, he doesn't have much time left.

thoughts, prayers and good vibes sent their way are welcome and appreciated.

Wade's the one i mentioned last week that had stage 4 colon Cancer with Liver mets.

he's the one that inspired me to get my stuff checked out recently.

He's 35. has two cute kids (1 with autism) and a FABULOUS WIFE. they have an amazing omelet and scones party every year on new years day and they invite me. by the way, the only omelet I've ever eaten was made specially for me by Wade. Steph reads my blog. she cheered me on when i had my cancer drama. She could probably use your prayers right now. I know Wade could use some too.

Steph, if you are reading this, know i love ya. Wade and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, I'm so sorry, this totally sucks. if there is anything i can do for you, let me know.

i know it's not much but leave me a comment with your fave beverage and I'll be there with one for you in a heartbeat. a little liquid sanity and a hug.

love you!


Everyone else... please pray for this sweet family.

and just so you know...CANCER SUCKS!


*note*

Wade passed away Sunday September 27th early in the morning surrounded by his family. I missed the funeral due to my unexpected hospital stay but it was on Oct. 2nd. here is a link to the obituary.


post signature

© 2009 crazymamaof6

18 comments:

Carie said...

How can life be so unfair?

Jenn said...

So sad--- He's to young. And his kids are to young. Its just not fair. I will be praying for them with you.

CassiB said...

i will pray also.
cancer totally SUCKS!!!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm so sorry for them!!! I can't even imagine!!!

Piper said...

Oh dear. This never makes sense. GOOD VIBES for the family! Sending love to AZ.

tammy said...

So sorry to hear this. Please let them know they're in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

That is sad. So sad! yes, Cancer does suck and it scares me. I just can't imagine. My heart goes out to him and his family.

andrea said...

I'm so sorry. Cancer does suck.

janna said...

cancer sucks....

Prayers for both of you.




& I just went a funeral today for one of my friends who died last week from the C word.


(((HUGS))))

Daisygirl said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. My prayers and happy thoughts go out to the family.

Anonymous said...

Jewels,
You really are a Jewel. I read this just now and I cried. You have made my day once again! I love that I can come here each day and read your hillariousness!! It really does brighten my day. Thank you to everyone who has said prayers and sent happy thoughts to my family. Jewels I would love to see you anytime. My beverage of choice from your lover (Sonic) is a cherry limeade with extra whole cherries! See you when you can.
Thanks again for all the love!
Steph

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

You are a special friend - always thinking of others and a wonderful advocate to whatever anyone needs. Yes - prayers for that family coming from our direction!

Mama T. said...

God bless Wade and his darling family. May you receive comfort and hope in your hearts!

Nancy Pitney said...

I agree--cancer does suck. My niece died from Leukemia in 2005 and we did Relay for Life in 2006 with the theme "cancer sucks" (we sold lolipops). Anyway, my heart goes out to this family. I know just a little what it's like to deal with it, although I can't imagine losing a husband. God bless.

Laura said...

I am so sorry for what this family is going through. He is too young. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers for sure!

jayna said...

sigh. that just makes my heart break. hugs to her (even though i don't know her). i have a friend here who's sister in law is like 26 and has maybe a month left to live (ovarian cancer). leaving behind a husband and a little girl. i hate feeling helpless....

hugs to you too.

onehm said...

That stinks! And why aren't the drug lords coming down with cancer? 35 year old dads who make amazing omlettes have it, but people who are sucking the life out of our very society are walking around totally healthy. I don't think I'll ever understand.
Hugs to Stephanie and Wade and their family.

Debra said...

I am so sorry. Something on the other side of the veil must be very important for him to have to accomplish it now. I lost a friend who was 35 yrs of age to breast cancer. (in 1995) She had a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old. Today, her husband and 2 children are inactive in the church. It makes me so sad.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............