Sunday, December 28, 2008

let's talk resolutions...

last year i did the one word thing. Kind of my theme for the year, TRY.

since i had the set the bar at a comfortable place it wasn't much of a stretch. did i accomplish it? sure. did i try my best to really maximize it? NOT REALLY.

it was pretty loosely defined. and so, i didn't really fail and yet i didn't achieve much because of it.

last years post? here and i failed miserably. darn.

the surgery i was referring to was Gastric bypass, or lap band, and after one informational seminar, got discouraged about my insurance covering it. and didn't pursue it further.

and after my whole body scan that cost me TONS out of pocket, i realized, optional procedures are NOT affordable. and my deductible is crippling. FAIL!

taking my pills daily. FAIL. and darn it, i was thinking that was a new one. apparently not. which reminds me i need a refill on my thyroid meds. UGH. and some other non optional drugs. LAME. FAIL! lance would tell you it was an EPIC FAILURE!

oh well.

i did resolve to wear more color. and sometimes i did. not every week. since i LOVE black , but i did branch out and purchase a couple shirts in other colors. yay!

and i DID buy pink things. it was an unsaid resolution. to buy PINK and make myself happy. pink broom. pink bowls. pink christmas, Pink spatula. and let me tell you cooking with pink items makes it way more fun. i love to whip out my pink utensils and do some ordinary cooking of dinner. and NOW i have 6 , yes 6 pink melamine serving bowls. and i am THRILLED! yup i love them they are cute and now i have lots. my pink bowl i use every time it's clean. yeah that one. now i have 6. i bought 2 more the other night and mentioned to lance that there was another one that i didn't get, he told me to go ahead and go back and get it. 4 was better than 3. and when i went, there were MORE. so i got 3 more. yay! 6 pink bowls. WHOOHOO! pink i love pink!

there is a pink chair there i want too. we are still in negotiations over it. but i want it. and NEED IT! Pink !

anyway. i told you i resolved in 1995 to wear fuchsia. i found the list. in the box of old letters. which i have to say was hilarious.

i resolved to be more prude. not to kiss too many guys. and wear fuchsia.

rad! i had it all down back in the day.

so this year? i think i resolve to buy fuchsia. decorate with fuchsia. and to take my pills.

my word for the year isn't a deep thinking one. it's going to be

FUCHSIA!

well maybe not. but it can be my theme.

ok my word for the year? RAD!

really I'm not stretching myself here at all. but whatever. apparently i fail when i think i am stretching myself. and i like to avoid failure.

if i had to be serious?

i resolve to ...

-be a better friend.

-clean more often.

-live within my means.

-go to bed earlier

-go out with Lance once a week on a date.


there we go. some goals for the year. we'll see how i do.

and of course fuchsia! long live fuchsia!

i have plans to redo the hall bathroom, fuchsia with black and white.


what do you resolve to do in 2009?

do you do resolutions? or a theme for the year?



Photobucket

7 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

My theme for 2008 was Kind Thoughts. This year I'm going to make it something easier.

AutoSysGene said...

I don't do reslutions normally but I am this year...you'll see my post in the next few days...good luck!

Trish said...

I don't particularly look at the NEW YEAR and say, "time to set a goal." I rather believe that any day such as May 27th or Tuesday will do for that. So, I do have a yearly theme for the family. Our this year will be, "Scatter Sunshine." Sounds simple enough, but believe me, the hardest part will be getting my kids to scatter it on each other. So, I am satisfied with this challenge.

Thanks for reminding me that it's NEW THEME time. I came up with that one a bit ago, but I am so scatterbrained that I had forgotten to start thinking about it. :)

Devri said...

new years resolutions.. bah humbug..

never win them.. fail always..

but I of course will make a list cuz everyone else is jumpin off the cliff, so why shouldn't i?

Andrea said...

RAD FUSCHIA!!! Great words/themes!

Mine was Peace, don't think there was too much peace had btwn my siblings this year. In fact, I think it was one of the worst. Hmmm time to think of a new word. I hate failing my goals too.

blah, blah by lindsey said...

i have been thinking alot about my "word" for this year. i love your 95 list.

i love your serious list! i think i would do all of those things..well except go out with lance ;)...i think i would go out with alan

Sarah said...

2009 is the new 1995? drat. i definitely agree that you should wear more fuschia and stop kissing so many boys.

i'm going to resolve to travel more and spend some quality time on the house since last year's resolution - "lose 10 pounds" - clearly went nowhere. i should have made it "gain 10 pounds."

wait, maybe that's the trick: make your resolution the OPPOSITE of what you really want! genius!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............