Saturday, January 19, 2013

Embrace




  For the last few years, instead of doing a bunch of resolutions i won't follow through on, I've done a word of the year, originally following my friends lead and copying her.

for 2012, my word of the year was Fabulous. as in Make it fabulous.

simple right? it was glorious.

I succeeded. all year long. ok so there were some crappier months but even then I aimed for fabulousness and saw the silver lining and survived. fabulous was just a bonus.

There were other months that were amazingly fabulous. hallelujah.

This year, the word that came to mind is EMBRACE.

on my crazymamaof6 fb fan page I posted this....

"My word of the year is...."embrace".....You know, "embrace" the reality I live. The life I have made for myself. Embrace the insanity, the chaos, the busy exhaustion. Embrace the joy in the small triumphs of the day. Embrace my children more. Embrace the differences in others. Embrace myself in a body acceptance way. Embrace a healthier lifestyle. Embrace the everyday monotony and make it amazing. Embrace life and continue to make it fabulous! See doesn't it feel like I just blog posted? There we are. Embrace it."

I really do need to work on embracing the everyday reality. The chores, the carpool, the meal making. this is all I ever wanted to be, I should embrace the monotony and step it up a notch and really make it fabulous.

and from the archives....


2012  Fabulous

2011 Persevere 

2010 Wisdom

2009 fuchsia

2008 TRY




As I read through my archives for the last 5 years, I noticed my resolutions  always include taking my pills. it's a daily thing, you'd think I'd have that down by now, but no, i still need to work on it.


So there we are EMBRACE, it is my word of the year.




do you pick a word of the year? resolutions?





post signature

© 2013 crazymamaof6

3 comments:

HeY J said...

I WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOUR BLOG IN MY DASHBOARD I LIKE YOUR WORD....EMBRACE I EMBRACE YOU WITH PRAYERS I HATE TAKING PILLS ALSO.

Ricki Treleaven said...

:D I like your word. I've decided on monthly goals that are doable. I think I'll get more done with less frustration. I think a good word for me this year is authentic, and I stole it from Carol's blog (an oasis in the dessert).

janna said...

LOVE it!

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............