Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I struggle a little.

Today I cried while washing the dishes.

I don't know if it was because I was tired after Patriot woke up at 4:30 am, climbed out of his crib and pounded on his door crying and refused to go back to sleep.

Or it was doing the giant pile of dishes that seem to have been waiting for me forever. the dishes have been done but the baking sheets and brownie pans seem to have been waiting for me for weeks. I'm finally back to regular chores and catching up from the last couple months.

Or maybe while I was just looking out the window and washing dishes I had a minute to think about the last few weeks. or more like the last few months....they sucked. Thinking about why they sucked probably brought it on.

 I cried when I told the hubs it was a waste of a summer. I had been sick all summer long, it ruined our weekly swim playdates, we did nothing fun, I started out the summer planning on getting organized and purging and instead I barely functioned and then, on the first day of school I found out it was for nothing? seriously? that sucks. (in case you missed that post you can read about it here, here and here)

Most days I do fine. but sometimes when I think about it too much I struggle a little.
So today, while I washed dishes, I cried.

Then Patriot did something cute and I laughed and moved on.

I don't have time to wallow for long.

I went on a really fun vacation over labor day weekend and on September 11th we went to do something I've been wanting to do for years. get ready for picture overload.

Mamarazzi and I are on a little blog break with the "We want to know Wednesday" link party. I'm hoping I'll get my blogging mojo back.

Stay tuned, the fun posts are coming and I might even catch up on my birthday weekend post and some other stuff I haven't blogged about but keep meaning to.


besides, who wouldn't cry when faced with a mountain of dishes?




post signature
© 2012 crazymamaof6

8 comments:

The Lovely One said...

Hope you feel better, and I hope WWTK comes back soon!

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

I seriously feel for you girl, my summer was nothing but Dr. appts and denials, I hid medical stuff from the kids and consumed my 10yr old at summer camp for her to avoid knowing what mommy's appts were really about we went NO WHERE. Hang in there mama we are only human and we CAN cry if we want to dishes or not!!!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I guess that's why I have been so reluctant to let go of summer and move on to autumn....we have had a sad summer. I hate the thought of another summer on the books that was a bad one!

(((((hugs))))) to you, my friend. WWTKW can wait. I hope your day and weekend is better, and yes, I would probably be very teary-eyed waking up to a mountain of dishes.

xo,
Ricki Jill

Piper said...

Hang in there, I think about you all the time!

Libby said...

xoxo....and I would LOVE to have a Barros lunch whenever you feel some tears coming on....or just whenever! I'm always up for eating out! Good to see you yesterday.:)

Lori Thompson said...

you're an inspiration to me! And you're fabulous!!

Cyndy Bush said...

I would cry at a mountain of dishes, in fact, I have.
I admire your strength in keeping on going with all you've been through.

AutoSysGene said...

(((hugs)))) crying, totally understandable. So glad you did it and then moved on. Keep doing that...or as you tell me, keep swimming!! :)

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............