Sunday, November 21, 2010

This year I think I'll pass

First off- go here and VOTE FOR ME! in Round one of Voting for top blog in the blog guidebook contest. (it's on the sidebar)

go ahead........I'll wait.

still no one confessing about who nominated me. still totally flattered.


and NOW...

a confession- Sometimes I read my own blog archives for hours on end.

Tonight I relived the last few years of Black friday success posts in honor of my favorite day of the year.

{slash}

in mourning my decision to pass on the delight of it this year .


WHICH for some readers/friends/relatives comes as a total SHOCK!

I know, right?!


wanna know how deep my love runs? relive the crazy adventures? hear about the strategy involved?

I'll give you a few links-

summer 2007-reliving past BF adventures in the middle of the summer no less. plus pics of a hat I'd LOVE to own. (before I started using paragraphs in my blog writing)

2007-the one where I ran into my old boyfriend and peed my pants -(pics included)

2008- the year my fave friend (her post and perspective on it) discovered I cackle when I run. (the year of no pics)

2009- The year we camped out. (last year with Pics included, but the talk of the shopumentary is all talk, no action)



Why would I pass if I love it so much and haven't missed for any reason in the last 12+ years?


  • so far the ads have nothing I need or want (it's never stopped me before)

  • I'm pregnant and so tired (again never mattered at any time in the last 12+ years)

  • * I'm just not up for it. * this is the kicker. It's just not worth the risk, pain, or lack of sleep, if there isn't anything spectacular to cross off my list by going.

My reasoning?
  • This year I realize the world won't end if I don't go.
  • I would probably pay for days afterward physically.
  • This pregnancy has been a little riskier and uncomfortable than the last few were. (I was spotting and on bedrest for a few days after doing too much on halloween) if I had to pick between a safe pregnancy and healthy baby over another year of black friday success, I pick the baby.


maybe I'll try my hand at scoring online black friday bargains?


I also read back about my Thanksgiving food issues. Christmas prep. Thankful thoughts from the past and assorted other delights that can be found in the archives.

you can find some of those by clicking onto the links and just hitting the older posts/newer posts buttons.

after reading some of those I'm craving pie. mmmm pie.

speaking of pie- do you have a fabulous Pie recipe you are willing to share with me?

the annual family pie contest is this week and all 6 kids are dying to participate. and seriously who wouldn't want to? THERE ARE PRIZES!


um, on Fb I offered to share my cranberry recipe with anyone that shared a pie recipe.
but since I don't mind sharing and it was already in the archives

here you go. How to Make your own fresh cranberries. I actually ate some last year and it was DELIGHTFUL. this year I might just have one of the girls whip this up it's so easy. or maybe the hubs?


post signature

© 2010 crazymamaof6

7 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

I voted for you!

From your logic it sounds like skipping the Black Friday festivities this year is a good decision. I never go myself, but am always interested to read about yours. What about doing cyber Monday instead this year--that has been a growing competitor to Black Friday and would be much easier on you physically. I think cyber Monday is today!

Jen said...

I know I am kinda relieved to not see anything I really need/want this year. It makes not being able to go that much easier. Next year we can pick it back up ;)!

Leslie said...

I have only done the black Friday twice. Other then the excitement of doing it..it really isn't worth it. You are smart for taking care of yourself and that baby!!

I voted for you too!!

Tracy said...

They said on the Today Show you can get just as good deals on line and watching the adds. Take care of yourself and baby.

Amy said...

I went once. I was pregnant, pissy and didn't do very well. I have stuck to Cyber Monday since then. Besides, I don't like getting up before the sun. Staying up to watch the sun rise is a different story!

Mamarazzi said...

makes perfect sense to skip it. i am honestly just not able to do crowds anymore. i can barely make it through church some weeks. i think it is from the months (almost a year) of being stuck at home after my brush with death last year AT THIS VERY time.

so much to be Thankful for.

Mamarazzi said...

makes perfect sense to skip it. i am honestly just not able to do crowds anymore. i can barely make it through church some weeks. i think it is from the months (almost a year) of being stuck at home after my brush with death last year AT THIS VERY time.

so much to be Thankful for.

Crazymama's RAD Followers

Get up and dance!


do you ever feel like............

do you ever feel like............